S&ME, Inc., a geoprofessional and design consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Construction Services Project Manager / Group Leader for our Knoxville, Tennessee location.
As a Project Manager, this individual manages projects in a construction materials testing and Special Inspections group, and is responsible for the coordination and completion of proposals, projects, reporting, and invoicing for local construction projects. The successful candidate must have: excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated positive relationships with clients, contractors, and coworkers; a strong work ethic; and an understanding of the importance of the team-oriented environment.
As a Group Leader, this individual is responsible for: staff supervision (technicians, administrative personnel, and professionals), training, mentoring, and coaching of employees; meeting Business Unit and Area objectives in safety, accounting, human resources, and risk management; and staffing projects with appropriately trained and certified personnel, maximizing staff utilization and project profitability. Additional responsibilities include management of an AASHTO Quality System (as it relates to field activities), a vehicle fleet, and a state Radiological license (nuclear density gauges).
- High School Diploma or GED, required;
- BS in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering or a Construction related field, preferred;
- 12 + years of experience in Construction Materials Testing, Special Inspections, or an equivalent combination of education, certification and related experience;
- 3-5years of proven work experience as a project manager, supervisor or team leader;
- Familiarity with AASHTO, ICC, ACI, NICET, and other employee certification programs, required;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Ability to work and maneuver equipment (such as a loaded wheelbarrow) on uneven ground and around active construction sites;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- An understanding of professionalism and tact, relative to interaction with all members of the design and construction team, including (but not limited to) site laborers, project owners, site superintendents, architects, design engineers, and project managers;
- Demonstrated positive leadership and management skills with a good understanding of business metrics, safety policies/procedures, human resources policies/procedures, risk management concepts, and other applicable project management procedures.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, salary history and expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
Requisition Number: 2017-2320-18