Michael Baker is actively seeking a Construction Services (CS) Practice Leader to join its regional team. The Regional CS Practice Leader will be primarily responsible for business development, talent acquisition, client engagement and project delivery of Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) opportunities; technical and marketing support to other regional operations; be engaged in design-build, quality management; manage construction field supervisors; and provide direction to the inspection teams for the construction of transportation, aviation, rail/transit, water/wastewater and utility projects in Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi.
- Be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker staff, office leadership, and CEI project managers.
- Coordinate with owners, teaming partners, construction contractors, field staff, and stake holders.
- Negotiate contracts with Construction Services clients.
- Mentor and develop junior CEI Project Managers.
- Continually bring in new work and increase backlog while managing client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services within the Construction Services practice to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- Review the work of other professionals including QA/QC, mentoring, training, and growing staff in the performance of job duties.
- Manage project budgets and schedules, interface with clients, and prepare/submit invoices.
- Coordinate with other Project Managers to balance workload and staffing needs.
- Determine the market direction and lead market awareness regionally for the Construction Services practice.
- Be actively engaged in technical and professional associations.
- Serve as a thought leader that contributes to the practice through authorship of technical articles, presentations at conferences, and active participation on professional organization boards.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address some of our nation’s most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization.
- This position will be ideally located in Florida but also open to Georgia.
- Proven Construction Services business building experience.
- 20+ Years managing construction of transportation is preferred. Experience in aviation, rail/transit, water/wastewater and utility construction management projects is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction services process and procedures. Demonstrated proficiency in project safety, scheduling (CPM scheduling, Primavera, Microsoft Project), cost estimating, risk management, quality management, and project/document controls.
- Substantial experience delivering large projects (valued at > $200 M construction contracts).
- Ability to manage various levels and numbers of staff, including proven approach to staff on-boarding.
- Aptitude for communicating with owner/client staff, contractors, and subconsultants.
- Commitment to and confirmed track record of safely delivering projects on time, under budget, and of the utmost quality.
- Dedication to project goals, client satisfaction, corporate aspirations, business development, growth objectives, staff development, and operational excellence.
- Willingness and ability to travel and/or relocate as needed for business needs and project assignments.