Candidates should have at least 15 years of experience in the fields of construction management and construction engineering and inspection. Candidates should have a BS in Engineering or Construction Management and be able to demonstrate having the skills and ability to oversee simultaneous projects with management plans and staffing requirements tailored to type of services and owner/client requirements. Candidates should demonstrate knowledge of and ability to adapt to all project delivery methods and industry trends including design-bid-build, design-build, progressive design-build and construction management at risk.
- Manage and oversee the construction management and CEI practice in Virginia.
- Oversight of construction management and CEI projects for public and private owners and clients.
- Operational analysis, financial management, strategic planning, and quality improvement of the practice.
- Prepare scope and fee proposals for clients and supporting internal entities within Dewberry.
- Recruiting, hiring, retaining, mentoring and managing the full range of qualified personnel.
- Lead the business development activities including identification of potential project leads, positioning for pursuits and teaming.
- Support other offices and operations in Dewberry by providing construction management-related and construction inspection and observation services on planning, design and construction projects.
- Drive growth to ensure continued success of the practice area while maintaining professionalism and strong client retention.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.S. in Construction, Civil Engineering or related field is required, M.S. degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in increasing levels of project and client management with proven experience in the consulting, design and construction industries.
- PE license in Virginia with ability to secure same in Maryland and D.C. is desirable
- A minimum of 10 years project management and technical staff supervision experience.
- Knowledge of Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build methods of project delivery.
- Knowledge of current state and federal environmental laws and policies related to design and construction.
- Accomplished technical professional and proven leadership skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to coach and mentor subordinates and other staff.
- Strong client retention and business development skills are required.