Be involved in projects with our Western Region Construction Services Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP is currently initiating a search for a Construction Services (CS) Facilities Manager for the Western Region in Southern California. The CS Facilities Manager will be responsible for general management of the company’s facilities focused Construction Services staff and operations located in California. The successful candidate will provide sound leadership, solid project management, and increased profitability for WSP USA. Areas of focus will include administration, project management, business development, and client relations for clients in the federal, education, and transit sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities: Administrative/Management duties include:
- Operations management for facilities programs/projects
- Employee recruitment, retention, mentoring and training
- Company asset management
- Program/Project oversight
- Providing technical expertise to other staff and in problem-solving
- Partnering with other leaders and human resources to address and remedy staff and other issues
Program/Project management duties include:
- General management and supervision of major programs/projects related to federal, education, and transit facilities projects
- Preparation of cost proposals and financial management
- Creation and maintenance of staffing plans
- Active participation in preparation of technical documents
- Representing the project at client meetings
Business development/client relations duties include:
- Participating in the development of annual marketing plans
- Participating in client relations activities (meetings, Professional groups events, etc.)
- Establishing goals and action plans to drive continuous improvement in client relations and profitability
- Leading regional development planning and integration while incorporating corporate goals
- Identifying key prospects and leads within the Western Region and formulating strategies for successful pursuits
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we want to discuss how you could join our CS team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Construction Management or Architecture (required)
- P.E., with LEED, CCM, PMP, or other directly relevant certification/license preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively-responsible relevant facility/building work experience including experience in the region to be managed
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven experience leading staff including mentoring successors
- Client-facing experience, including business development and client relations
- Ability to generate new business while cultivating existing relationships to drive profitability and growth
- Experience providing Construction Services to public agencies is required
- The ability to work in the United States immediately is required.
- Substantial experience with the federal, education, and transit markets is highly desirable. Experience in alternative delivery is also a plus.