Walsh is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Transportation Division in Phoenix, AZ.
Do you want to invest in the growth and progress of the next generation of construction talent? Do you enjoy mobilizing people and resources to overcome challenges? Are you a Senior Project Manager that inspires others to do their very best every day? Do you want to work for a company where, when you do these things, you will be noticed? If so, then keep reading.
The Walsh Group takes a family approach to business and we believe you do that best when you help other people realize their potential. Do you believe that when you invest in others, you increase the possibility that more work will actually get done? Do you also believe in hiring good people and giving them freedom to do their jobs? Walsh Senior Project Managers know how to develop and how to empower.
As an industry leader in a variety of market sectors, Walsh expects our Senior Project Managers to drive change and execute plans. When you speak, do people listen? Can you spurn others into action? We’re looking for someone who can actively drive progress and at the same time, deal tactfully with internal and external resistance.
Walsh is looking for Senior Project Managers to who can facilitate the work of others. Someone who feels a strong sense of ownership over both the process and the results. A motivator who can build a culture of flexible productivity. Senior Project Managers that accomplish more than others because they plan their work, and then work their plans.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. If you have what it takes, welcome to the family.
In this role, responsibilities include:
- Lead interdisciplinary teams to deliver construction projects
- Actively participates in the design and execution of project safety and quality control activities
- Assumes responsibility for project staffing and budgetary controls
- Assists in the bid package development, pre-qualification activities, and budget preparation
- Leads preconstruction meetings and coordinates answers to RFIs
- Leads efforts to analyze risk and define schedule related issues, including analysis of long lead materials or equipment which may impact cash flow
- Maintains relationships with customers
- Analyzes and presents project delivery approaches, develops alternative approaches and facilitates implementation
- Oversees project close-out and claim resolution
- Serves as the primary contact for senior leadership relative to critical business initiatives
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications:
- Degree in civil engineering or construction management preferred
- 12 years of construction management experience
- Willingness to relocate as needed
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, budgeting cost, field supervision, financialreporting, and client relationships
- Ability to interface with a variety of technical and business personnel with courtesy, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to direct organize and communicate with team members at all levels
- Negotiation skills
- Decision making skills
- Talent management
- Mitigating risk
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran