Construction Segment Manager
The Infrastructure business line of Arcadis is seeking a Construction Segment Manager for our California High Speed Rail project. The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of experience working on Caltrans highway projects with bridge structural construction experience.
Typical duties include:
- Provide inspection and quality assurance on highway and roadway construction projects.
- Determine if completed work follows the plans and specifications.
- Coordinate work with the contractor and various public utilities agencies.
- Maintain the records and reports related to the project.
- Coordinating directly with the general contractor and negotiating change orders.
- Assist in inspections to assure compliance with contract plans, specifications, and special provisions on all phases of structural construction such as bridges, foundations, walls, falsework, shoring, and drainage structures.
- Make or support grade, alignment, quantity, falsework, and shoring calculations.
- Assist in the preparation of contract change orders, contract estimates, progress pay estimates, and other documents or reports required for the project. Coordinate the sampling and testing of construction materials to monitor compliance with contract specifications.
- Monitor and track contractor progress. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
- Coordinate with the project team, as well as the Construction Staking and Material Testing CMCs.
- Previously worked for or on highway and or grade separation construction projects
- 8 or more years of experience on roadway and highway constructioninspection as related to major public works projects.
- Ability to work independently. Ability to perform duties in the construction field office and effectively make decisions concerning construction work in progress and solving field problems.
- Ability to direct the efforts of subordinate inspectors.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of California.
- Bridge structural constructioninspection