5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
The CPM Scheduler will report through JMT’s Pennsylvania Construction Management Team, and support both JMT and external clients such as the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission and other owners. The Scheduler shall work closely with Project Supervisors or Managers and when necessary shall also interface with site staff as necessary to compile data for cost and time status on projects. The Scheduler is required to coordinate with project engineers, consultants, other departmental agencies and also with contractor representatives performing work related to review of CPM schedules for Transportation Projects primarily related to roads and bridges.
The scheduler provides expertise in the area of project controls, scheduling, scheduling analysis, earned value management, and construction activities in support of the Construction Program.
Specific duties and responsibilities, knowledge, experience and skill sets must include but may not be limited to:
- Reviews and comments on the Initial CPM schedule and integrate the contractors’ schedules into a high-level master schedule.
- He / She tracks the status of critical activities and changes to the critical path impacting the project.
- Monitors program milestones and interdependencies.
- Analyzes project planning and schedule updates, as well as
- Analyzes delays using industry accepted methodologies.
- Provides “alerts” on items impacting the project schedule.
- Identifies the critical path and suggests alternatives to regain slippage to the schedule.
- Attend progress meetings and lead discussions on time related issues
- Develop strategies for negotiating claims including Home and Field office overhead, labor and equipment costs and provide technical support in claims litigation
- BA/BS degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture or related Technical field.
- Proficient with Primavera P6, MS Project, or ASTA Powerproject
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Project; Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Must have the ability to interpret contract specifications and drawings.
- Knowledge of contract procedures and principles,
- Professional certification in AACE, CMAA or PMI a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand construction logic and sequencing of complex roadway projects.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction and
- A minimum of 3 years in preparing schedules us
Tracking Code 13593