Walsh Construction is currently seeking a Safety Manager for their METRO Crenshaw Light Rail design-build project located in the Inglewood area of Los Angeles, CA.
The Safety Manager assists with inspections, accident investigations, conducts safety meetings, and the overall implementation of the Project Safety and Health Program. The Safety Manager shall be responsible for compiling and maintaining necessary records, logs and otherreports pertaining to safety required by the contractor, client, Federal, State and Local regulations.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Manage all aspects of safety and health on a construction project site.
- Inspect and evaluate the project site, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations, company, owner, policies and procedures.
- Plan, control and coordinate all work to eliminate hazards, minimize risks, and aggressively manage losses involving injuries or property damages.
- Work directly with the Project Manager and the management team to develop and implement an effective site specific safety plan.
- Facilitates or participates in incident investigations and near miss reporting.
- Implements all drug testing procedures for pre-hire, reasonable cause, random and post incident.
- Supervises all project safety assistants.
- Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Civil Engineer, or Construction Management degreepreferred
- 8years of constructionexperience managing safety or a related field, with demonstrated ability to provide a high level of safety leadership to both management and craft workers.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards and hazard recognition injury management skills, and written and verbal communication skills as they pertain to the building construction industry such as OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI, TCEQ, State and Local rules.
- OSHA 500 or 502
- CHST Certification required
- First Aid, CPR AED
- Certified Safety Profession (preferred)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (preferred)
- Certified Health and Safety Technician (preferred)
- Leadership skills