Position can be based anywhere in the Greater Chicago area or even St. Louis, Missouri.
Must have at least 5 years of construction and/or manufacturing safety experience. Position will be responsible for providing EHS support to construction/field sites and small manufacturing operations for approximately (500) employees in the US and international. Travel up to (70%) * mostly domestic travel with some international travel expected. This will be the sole safety professional for the division and will report directly into the Division Vice President.
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
* Ensure the company remains in compliance with OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA and NFPA.
* Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous condition and practices
* Create and implement safety programs and procedures to eliminate hazards
* Audit and evaluate the effectiveness of the programs/systems
* Strong working knowledge of construction and general industry safety regulations
Personality Traits should include strong leadership qualities with the ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels. High energy and passionate safety professional. This privately held company is growing quickly through acquisition and this position will offer excellent career growth/promotion potential!