The Resident Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of engineering theories and practices. Willingness to travel to construction site locations and provide oversight, monitoring, and control of subcontractor or self-perform personnel on-site, is expected.
- Under general supervision, performs complex quality control inspection activities on assigned projects and/or functional areas to ensure that products or services provided are in accordance with customer and Parsons requirements.
- Performs inspections/surveillances based on training received.
- Interacts cross-functionally with project team members and management.
- Implements inspection, examination, and testing procedures and records inspection, examination, and testing data.
- Plans inspections, evaluations, and tests; setting up tests, including preparation and set-up of related equipment.
- Evaluates the validity and acceptability of inspection, examination and testing results and reports inspections, examination and testing results.
- Evaluates the adequacy of specific programs used to train and test inspection, examination, and testing personnel.
- Performs and documents inspections of subcontractor work.
- Oversees subcontractor inspections and review of subcontractor work. Reviews and audits subcontractor generated quality records.
- Performs First-Article / In-Process Inspections, as needed (may include source inspection).
- Ensures compliance to HSE requirements applicable for their work scope.
- Participates in establishing and implementing a Quality Controls Inspectors certification program.
- Participates in qualifying and certifying QC Inspectors at all levels.
- Documenting and communicating inspection results in a clear and concise manner.
- Understands contract requirements and subcontractor(s) contract requirements.
- May provide technical guidance to lower-level Quality Control Inspectors.
- Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
- Reviews design drawings and specifications for construction following relevant codes and standards. Candidate should be familiar with codes such as IBC, IMC, UPC, NFPA, and FAA Standards. Conducts constructability reviews.
- Provides recommendations to solve unforeseen problems in the field.
- Oversees subcontractor during construction to verify adherence to drawings and specifications.
- Communicates with the different construction subcontractors assigned to jobs.
- Participates in Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI) as required.
- Keeps a construction diary on the status of assigned tasks.
- Submits daily/weekly progress reports and participate in weekly construction meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Communicates daily with the assigned Project Manager.
- Reads and thoroughly understand and implement the Resident Engineers Manual as well as the Program Policies/ Procedures.
- Construction inspections to confirm conformance to Contract Documents.
- Review and track construction schedules.
- Escort contractors to properly ensure security at facilities.
- Identify possible construction problems and suggest resolutions.
- Document construction progress through reports, pictures daily, and project drawing redlines.
- Evaluate contractor claims and provide recommendations to FAA.
- Inspection or installation of concrete, masonry, reinforcing steel, shotcrete, structural steel welding, fireproofing and testing of soils, aggregate, concrete, asphaltic concrete and grading observations.
- Supports project closeout and lessons learned documentation.
- Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Typical projects may be:
- Air Traffic Control Towers Modernization
- Airport NAVAIDS Upgrade
- UIS Tower Replacement
- Tenant Improvement
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) or High School Diploma or Trade School Diploma and 10+ years of related work experience.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, standards, and specifications.
- Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel. Proficiency in utilizing scheduling software.
- Willingness to Travel.
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
- Familiar with cloud-based databases, such as MS SharePoint or Knowledge Service Network (KSN).
- Experience using CAD software such as MicroStation or AutoCAD is a plus.
- Experience taking photographs using a digital camera in addition to uploading files/photographs to a computer/memory device or internet site.
- Previous Federal Government experience is a plus
- Self-starter and ability learn and adapt quickly.
- Previous FAA experience is desired.