Walsh is currently seeking a Quality Control Manager for the Federal Business Group.
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for implementation, improvement and execution of the Quality management systems (QMS) and project specific quality program requirements. They ensure that the design and construction works are planned and executed in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems and requirements of the Company and contract.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Quality champion for a project or multiple projects, responsible for the quality management duties including quality of the works, material management, documentation and close-out to ensure safe, quality, efficient, effective and profitable project execution.
- Coaches, mentors and trains entire project staff in quality management principles, procedures and project-specific requirements. Serves as mentor and coach to Quality staff to advance their careers at Walsh and improve retention.
- Responsible for leading and managing quality processes such as work planning, pre-activity meetings, material management, Quality Incident Reports, Lesson Sharing and follow-up inspections.
- Establishes, monitors and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as QIRs for project teams to ensure continuous improvement. Analyzes project KPIs, evaluates trends and provides improvement strategies.
- Routinely audits project quality programs seeking continuous improvement utilizing Project QC Evaluation and other auditing tools. Provides feedback to Operations and Quality Management of major QIRs, project team relationships, owner/client perceptions, and overall quality management recurring non-conformances.
- Directs inspection, testing and documentation of the works. Schedules inspection and testing with coordination between operations, consultants, material laboratories and Client.
- Creates and implements project specific inspection and test plans, quality control plans and other procedures as necessary. Additionally, supports with material specification review such as concrete mix design, thermal control and other quality specialized elements.
- Responsible for risk management strategy that helps projects improve profitability by reducing risk and improving efficiency via process management and risk mitigation.
- Maintains relationships with owners, Clients, subcontractors, design partners and stakeholders to support project partnering and issue resolution.
- Supports Site Safety to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with established safety procedures, requirements and goals.
- Monitors project quality costs including resources while working to better as-bid budgets. Provides feedback to optimize project billing returns, risk reporting and testing accuracy, while protecting Walsh from claim exposure. Monitors and reports rework costs via QIR system.
- AEC Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent related field experience with International Code Counsel, NICET, etc. Current certification required
- USACE/NAVFAC/NRC Construction Quality Management certification preferred but not required
- Industry certifications for testing and inspection as required to review and certify that the test, inspection, and procedures satisfy requirements
- Limited travel for projects as necessary
- Level 1 QCM
- Minimum 7 years of AEC experience, with 3 years preferred in a Quality role
- Good communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving abilities, and ability to prioritize, organize and manage time
- Knowledge of standards, specifications and publications of job related duties
The Walsh Group offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & Paid US Holidays
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Maternity Leave Policy
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance