Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, construction project management skills to use while building hospitality, healthcare, aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures? Well then, Austin Commercial is the right career move for you. Austin Commercial is currently seeking a Construction Quality Control Manager for a large project in the Salt Lake City, UT area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Develops, implements, and is responsible for oversight of the project Quality Control (QC) Program for field construction.
- Coordinates with owner’s and/or architect's QA/QC coordinator for compliance with the owner's and/or architect's QA/QC Program, including notices to comply (NTCs), punch list items, and final resolution of such.
- Monitors subcontractors for compliance to contract documents and design specifications.
- Monitors subcontractor and supplier workmanship.
- Supervises installation of material and equipment for quality control compliance.
- Manages quality observation reporting program.
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with a project's written Quality Control Program.
- Manages a project's QC program, in conjunction with superintendent and other field personnel.
- Responsible for field observation and inspection as required to ensure compliance and adherence to the program, including site observation reports (SORs), notices to comply (NTCs), punch list items, etc.
- Responsible for field observation, inspection and reporting relating to specific tasks such as pre-pour checklists, backfill checklists, excavation permits, etc.
- Administers and procures all required testing reports.
- Attends pre-bid and pre-construction meetings with subcontractors to discuss project requirements and explain Austin's expectations and requirements.
- Maintains technical and other pertinent documents.
- Walks project to check the subcontractor housekeeping.
- Prepares the final walk-through checklists for subcontractor site work.
- Maintains the files in relation to the requirements of the Quality Control Manual.
- Seeking 5 – 10 years’ comparable experience in commercial construction quality control.
- Experience with quality control on concrete structures.
- Experience with Prolog and BIM 360 is preferred.
Requisition ID 2017-2288