POSITION SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, the Construction Project Superintendent ensures the successful delivery of the Facility Modification Program by developing work plans and projects schedules, identifying critical project efforts, milestones and providing recommendations to achieve project completion on time and on budget. Employees in this job class have project oversight of subcontractors including estimating and planning expenditures. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of facilities operations and maintenance, project planning and supporting construction related projects.
- *Responsible for work identification, documentation, prioritization, justification, funding, authorization, estimating, planning, programming, execution, change management, status report, cost control, inspection, close out and quality control.
- *Responsible for compliance with and support of the Facility Modifications process and policy implementation.
- * Secures services through in house resources and subcontractors.
- * Coordinates all activities with parallel contract staff as required.
- * Ensures authorized projects area full coordinated, approved and completed to the satisfaction of the requestor.
- * Provides managerial support and technical expertise to support existing lines of business and promote effective business development.
- * Supervises staff; ensures a competent, motivated staff through hiring, training, counseling, supervising and reviewing the performance of employees.
- *Schedules and prioritizes tasks, and ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
- * Manages time cards, sick days and vacations for staff to ensure departmental coverage and customer satisfaction.
- * Participates in a variety of departmental and other meetings on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
*Denotes Essential Job Function
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction Project Management or related field; or a comparable combination of formal education and work experience;
- Seven or more years of experience in facilities operations, maintenance and construction, including at least five years in a supervisory position;
- Knowledge and experience with job order contracting is preferred;
- Three years or more of business management experience including profit and loss responsibility and budgeting;
- Management skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
- Knowledge of planning, purchasing, and project management;
- Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment including those used in the trades of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and general carpentry;
- Ability to read and understand construction, electrical, and equipment drawings, blueprints, and schematics;
- Knowledge of refrigeration and boilers; electricalcircuits and voltage; plumbing, and general carpentry; masonry and concrete applications and processes;
- Computer literacy including skill to operate word processing, spreadsheet, Internet, and presentation software applications.
- Staff management skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, management, and others;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers, and others;
- Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
- Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities;
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, and analytical skills;