We are constantly innovating to bring the latest technologies to our customers and you can be part of this team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining America’s largest and most reliable cellular network. As a Project Manager in Wireless Construction, you will manage a variety of internal and external partners and vendors to oversee construction and maintenance for a regional network of cell site projects. Your vital role will ensure that these multi-stakeholder, complex projects are delivered on time, to specifications, and within budget.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to establish project designs, scope, deliverables and timelines.
- Developing and maintaining detailed schedules for each project and actively managing the scheduled tasks with outside vendors including major milestones, action items, long lead purchases, and any other commitments that would impact the project schedule.
- Analyzing implications of changes from the original schedule and taking required corrective actions to ensure the project stays on track.
- Providing regular project status reports to management and the project team.
- Coordinating and overseeing the issuance of RFQs and the evaluation of responses, based on purchasing requirements, and providing detailed analysis and recommendations for the best candidates.
- Project managing the small cell 4G and 5G program. Working with market PMO, Real Estate and System Performance teams to ensure a successful build and deployment program.
- Project managing the financial, contractual, and regulatory approval process.
- Project managing regional networkconstruction of Small Cell site projects including new Small Cell turn ups, Small Cell expansions, reconfigurations, and system upgrades.
- Working closely with Real Estate, Equipment Engineers and Transport Engineers to ensure cell site construction issues are cleared and requirements are met.
- Working with outside vendors including General Contractors and Architectural & Engineering firms on project design and priorities to meet Verizon Wireless (VZW) standards and build schedules.
- Participatingin weekly routine planning and working sessions with critical stakeholders to review project scope, define issues, develop deliverables and associated timelines, assign primes and track action items.
- Developing and maintaining a detailed schedule for each project and actively manages the scheduled tasks with outside vendors including major milestones, action items, long lead purchases and any other commitments that would impact the project schedule.
- Analyzingimplication of changes from the original schedule and takes required corrective actions to ensure the project stays on track.
- Providingregular project status reports to management and the project team.
- Coordinatingand oversee the issuance of RFPs and the evaluation of responses, based on VZW purchasing requirements, and provides detailed analysis and recommendations for the best candidates.
- Reviewing quotes and issues purchase orders using PeopleSoft Purchasing system. Manages receipts related to the purchase orders and ensures that invoices are paid in a timely manner according to federal and state regulations.
- Maintaining the regional monthly cell capital plan ensuring spending accuracy in monthly forecasting and performing monthly true-ups of YTD monthly spending by budget item.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy managing complex, large-scale projects impacting a large variety of stakeholders, both internal and external. You have a keen eye for detail, but never lose sight of the big picture. Being results-driven and well-organized, you are adept at identifying potential project roadblocks and developing mitigation strategies. Excellent communication and team building skills enable you to negotiate with internal and external partners to ensure nothing gets in the way of success. You thrive in a fast-paced, high demand environment, making effective decisions quickly, and juggling competing priorities with ease.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing projects and process/programs.
- Experience with budget tracking, cost estimation, and cost accounting of capital plans.
- A Valid Driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or a Telecommunications track.
- Experience with Ericsson/Nokia, DC plant design, and general construction knowledge.
- Knowledge of fiber installation and standards.
- Experience in telecommunications / data networking or wireless industry.
- 5 or more years of experience in the wireless telecom industry (or military equivalent) with a focus on cell site project management disciplines.
- A self-managed and a self-starter mentality with a proven ability to thrive while under intense pressure to deliver projects on time, with zero defects, and within budget.
- The strong ability to manage changing priorities, competing priorities, and situations in which guidelines can change.
- The ability to learn new processes and technologies quickly; retain new info; and eager to do own research (on and off the job) in finding info and answers.
- The ability to adapt communication style to setting and investigate/implement alternate approaches to resolve difficult problems with minimum management input.
- The ability to work flexible hours; support night and weekend work; answer phone calls whenever crews are on site supporting your projects; respond to emails promptly; and actively lead and participate in project/team meetings.
- Working knowledge of Alcatel-Lucent CDMA base stations; Ericsson LTE/AWS base stations; Ericsson Remote Radio Units; JMA and Commscope Remote Electrical Tilt Antennas, hybrid cables, and CPRI mux/patch panels.
- A great understanding of project management, budgeting process, Sarbanes-Oxley, and inventory controls.
- A good understanding of HVAC, National Electrical Code requirements, environmental requirements including hazardous material, spill prevention, and other regulatory guidelines, general building maintenance, and vendor maintenance.
- A good understanding of site power plants to include: DC power systems, AC UPS systems, emergency generators, and corresponding distribution systems.
- A good understanding of cell site design/engineering, construction, real estate, regulatory, and operations.
- Highly proficient in computer applications: Google Gmail, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.