Position: Construction Project Manager
Location: Tysons, VA, United States
Duration: Full time
Required Skills: Architecture Property Management construction Bachelors Degree interior
- Prepare RFP (Request for Proposal) Documents, for various types of construction projects; support their solicitation and award, creating addenda, negotiating, and awarding.
- Coordinate the activities of design management and review, inspection, testing, surveying, environmental health and safety with regional client offices and outside agencies.
- Maintain all required project data and records; log and track all design changes and modifications, construction changes, contract modifications and potential claims.
- Prepare and produce all required management reports and records.
- Responsible for the management, direction and control of project design, construction and post-construction activities.
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and report the project and construction management activities of a specific project delivery team assigned to a specific facility construction project.
- Responsible for day-to-day contract administration activities, including but not limited to the review of design and constructionschedules, estimates, submittals and other contract deliverables
- Produce and process RFI's, change orders, approval letters, write Scopes of Work, additional provision, and general conditions and be responsible for all correspondence between the Contractor, Architect, the City and Client.
- Perform other project management functions as assigned by the Vice President.
- Reviews all policies/ procedures and AIA forms relative to Facilities Contracts.
- Coordinates with all impacted parties from New Construction, Existing Facilities, Facilities Support Services.
- Briefs management and executives to obtain final approvals and coordinates implementation of new policies, including training.
- Keep track of capital and TI (Tenant Improvements) projects.
- Cost control/budgeting for the projects.
- Able to coordinate, schedule and oversee twenty or more projects simultaneously with total values in excess of $10,000,000 annually.
- Must adhere to and help develop building standards.
- Take ownership of existing equipment surveys and develop a comprehensive and consolidated review of mechanical equipment, HVAC, roofs, parking lots and all capital repairs and maintenance
- A four year college degree is required. Degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in project/construction management is required with either commercial or residential jobs.
- PC literacy ?MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook - speed and quality of work imperative.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and in tight time constraints with availability for occasional overtime on short/no notice.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work overtime with short notice.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
This position requires extensive business related driving throughout Client facilities. A good DMV driving record is required and Client will conduct a criminal background check. Job related criminal convictions, especially for alcohol or drug related driving under the influence (DUI) will be considered in making a decision about suitability for the position and may require disqualification.
- Tenant improvement experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills, ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Self-starter, high level of motivation, integrity and ability to work independently.
- Professional approach, proven good judgment, creative problem solving.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; positive attitude.
- Strong team player, able to coordinate with numerous people including leasing, property management and senior management.
**Interior constructionexperience is a MUST
***4 yr. degree MUST
**experience managing minimum 10-12 small project simultaneously