The Construction Project Manager leads the development and execution of construction efforts for the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) delivery of bridge and transportation type projects. Directs and coordinates activities of several disciplines on a project of moderate to large scope or a combination of smaller projects. Directs coordination with clients and other external entities. May initiate or assist in prime contract negotiations or preparation and leads all subcontract definition, award and management of execution. Drives project planning, budgeting and establishing critical project objectives. Plays a key role in the proposal effort, and manages the project through close-out. Must be competent in all aspects of EPC projects including engineering, procurement, project controls, QA/QC, health and safety, field construction management, etc. Other duties as assigned. Specific duties include:
- Negotiate, approve and execute prime contracts, subcontracts, and change orders
- Review, evaluate and implement multiple project specifications, drawing releases and design changes
- Lead internal and external project risk reviews. Consult with Legal Department as required
- Assemble and train project teams, coordinate activities of multiple Global Practices/disciplines, and facilitate the efficient cost effective utilization of staff while adhering to contractual and performance requirements
- Provide performance feedback reviews of all project team members
- Manage Safety & Health performance of project team members and Subcontractors
- Communicate project status, risks, schedule and costs to all internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, review and approve internal and external reports including: project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports. Present reports to internal and external executive management as required
- Develop and implement Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health Plan, Subcontracting Plan, Project Staffing Plan, Organization Chart, and Procurement Plan
- Direct and oversee the subcontract bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for Supplier and Subcontract contracts, including: recruiting, prequalifying and selecting Subcontractors.
- Direct, develop, and oversee Subcontractor change management and claims mitigation process
- Develop, implement, execute and oversee Prime Contract, Subcontractor invoicing process
- Direct and oversee the project plan for site mobilization and demobilization and support Site Manager with implementation
- Implement, audit, and oversee the project documentation and filing systems
- Implement and validate project and Subcontractor insurance, taxes/duties, licensures, and bonding are in place per the project requirements
- Direct the securing of applicable project permits
- Perform project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required
- Lead project and corporate meetings as needed. Generate Meeting Minutes.
- Direct the project turnover documentation, warranty administration, project closeout, and record keeping/retention processes and procedures/
- Recruit and participate in project team member interviews
- Refer and assist department managers and human resources in resolving employee relations issues as appropriate
- Direct compliance with company policies in all project aspects
- Manage community and building trades relationships as necessary
- A qualified candidate for this position will possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant degree; and a minimum of 10 years of experience in a construction field environment. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum 5 years managing construction on bridge or transportation projects.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based platform, computer skills; document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software.
- Completion of/or ability to obtain OSHA 10 and/or OSHA 30 Construction Outreach Safety Training Course.
- This position requires driving to various locations; a valid driver's license is required.
- This position requires a basic understand of Accounting Principles.
Requisition ID 170343