You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and let’s start a conversation.
As a Construction Project Manager, you will report to the Global Head of Manufacturing. Provide oversight of scope, schedule, and budget for assigned areas on construction site. Overseeing and directing construction projects from conception to completion. Ensure uniform quality, schedule and budget for all design and construction projects. Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
In this key role, you will:
- Actively engage in a multi-discipline team of engineers to support the engineering, development, and maintenance of the facility in a safe, reliable, and cost-effective manner
- Review and direct space planning and allocation with various internal stakeholders
- Support coordination and compliance with local and federal agencies
- Manage and respond to queries and resolve any delays, repairs, technical barriers, or emergencies on-site.
- Participate in root cause investigations and failure analysis reporting on equipment and system failures.
- Support the maintenance team with development of preventative maintenance plans for facility equipment and systems.
- Support the operations team with development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and abnormal operation action plans for facility equipment and systems.
- Ensure safety standards and guidelines are adhered to at the facility.
- A desire to not just follow the plan but to challenge all aspects of how things are done in a creative and collaborative environment.
- Flexibility to improvise, adapt and overcome when the plan does not exist, changes, or is not working.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or Technical Field required
- At least 10 years of experience in construction, operations, and/or facilities management for high tech projects
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Willingness to spend a high percentage of time in the field and to get hands dirty as needed to complete objectives or find the correct information.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to travel.
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Nikola Motor Company™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.