Construction Project Manager, Medical Center/Public Sector - 1219
Our client is a stable, growing, highly successful quality construction company providing services for more than 30years. Rapid response, consistent results and acting in the client's best interests are trademarks of the company and have been the foundation of their growth with multiple offices throughout Texas. They are seeking an experienced Project Manager in the Dallas market who can make a huge impact as a PM, with Executive level ambition who wants to immediately contribute and potentially grow to an equity level membership. This is a ground floor opportunity that is ideal for a candidate that will be able to work independently drawing on prior experience as a strong Project Manager, General Manager, or Regional Manager of the public sector with strong ties in the Dallas market.
The Construction Project Manager will have strong Medical Center and/or Bond experience in education, schools, city, county, and municipalities. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all project phases from assisting the team with responses to RFI, RFP, and proposals for initiation, funding, budgeting, through to project completion. The Project Manager will have successfully overseen construction projects in the public sector, have fostered a strong relationship, and will be a liaison with the construction company's foremen and staff. In addition, you will have worked with the large Mechanical Contractors to exercise co-op relationships and past success.
Working closelywithinternal and external staff, vendors, administrators, PM's, and the public sector staff to win and ensure the timely delivery of projects on the budget at the highest level of quality. The candidate will have experienceworking with small to medium public projects in the Dallas area for remodeling and new construction.
- Be aware and respond Bond opportunities
- Develop and foster strong relationships in the public sector and with large primary Mechanical Contractors
- Work with Estimator to develop complete project
- Prepare winning bids and meet all document requirements
- Be familiar with State and Federal regulations relevant to the project.
- Develop and maintain internal Scope of Work
- Collaborate internally on resources and tasks
- Manage construction phase to conformance with the budget and schedule.
- Manage and thoroughly understand contract documentation.
- Analyze materials and equipment budgets and negotiate purchase orders.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures
- Lead internal and external progress meetings and update project schedule as necessary.
- Monitor project costs and identifies areas for improvement.
- Lead and participate in a collaborative team environment to achieve an integrated approach to project management for a successful delivery.
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory standards to be applied during construction
- Manage internal and external relationships through effective communication.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- The ideal candidate will have a BachelorDegree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in bidding, winning and overseeing construction and remodeling projects in the Medical Center, Government sector, Public sector.
- Comfortable in business development and relationship management with direct public sector clients, large general contractors, and mechanicalengineering firms.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills