Construction Project Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Maser Consulting is seeking a ConstructionProject Manager in our Red Bank, NJ office, Construction Inspection and Administration Division, who can provide Construction Administration/Construction Management/Owner Representative services or construction projects. There will also be a requirement to manage, direct, and supervise the work efforts of assigned staff and coordinate the technical and managerial direction provided by Management regarding scope, schedule, quality and budget of projects. Project types include transportation, civil, parks, infrastructure, and buildings.
• Managing multi-disciplined projects for NJDOT, NJTA, DRPA and other public agencies.
• Provide Project Management for all Construction Inspection projects.
• Build and maintain client relationships.
• Achieve or exceed the financial goals for the project.
• Organize cross-functional activities, and coordinate project activities for the completion of the project (i.e., project deliverables, schedule and budget).
• Providing guidance for inspection staff, review, recommend and process change orders, partial payments and closeout of projects.
• Review and log shop drawings
• Establishing working relationships and interfacing with client technical staff and project managers.
• Participating in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and schedule performance.
• Responsible for the quality control/quality assurance on construction projects.
• Oversee the work and productivity on assigned projects.
• Strive to achieve predetermined goals for profit.
• Regular contact with professional engineering consultants, governmental agencies, involved communities and contractors in connection with the construction of projects.
• Preparing technical and cost proposals.
• Cost estimating and scheduling experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, or Architecture, or Construction Management.
• Professional Engineer (PE) license, or Registered Architect (RA) license is required.
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM) accreditation a plus
• Formal training in project management is preferred.
• Microsoft Office Suite is required.
• Good understanding of project contract’s terms and conditions is expected.
• NJDOT experience a plus
• 7 years minimum of experience in the managing construction projects.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.