The Project Manager will travel throughout Michigan to various job sites on an as needed basis. They will provide leadership, direction and oversight during all phases of construction around multiple job sites. They ensure that the Owner’s highest expectations are met by delivering all projects on time, within budget and in a safe manner. This is a full time FLSA exempt position requiring at least 40 work hours per week with the ability to work more if required.
- Coordinates the construction efforts, predicts and resolves conflicts before they impact the project, and delivers timely and cost effective solutions.
- Leads the Project Team comprised of Project Managers, Project Engineers and Project Coordinators.
- Ensures that the working environment is maintained at an acceptable level, carrying out safety inspections and ensuring that all tools are in good working condition.
- Monitors all phases of the construction process: preconstruction(10%), construction (85%) and post construction (5%):
- Preconstruction includes: working with Project manager to develop and manage the scope of work, phasing plan/schedule, KAR Support Document In-Put (FSRA, PEP, Charter, Budget), Bid Process (Pre-Bid, BRFI, Post Bids, Develops temporary protection plan and site logistics plans, participates in constructability & V/E project reviews and manages submittal process.
- Construction Includes: Coordinates construction activities including workers, materials, equipment, and meetings (progress, plant, union)Ensures project quality and compliance with project plans/specifications, client specifications /design standards, and sanitary design. Ensure project compliance with all client contractor work rules, OSHA1910 General Industry, OSHA1926 Construction Safety regulations, and contractor orientations. Assists in processing cost issues: T&M validation, proposal reviews, field change order management. Responsible for overall project schedule.
- Post construction: Develop and manage start up plan with Project Manager and Plant.
- Organize final inspections, develop punch list, complete punch list items, follow up on warranty items, schedule final sanitation, and assist in closeout documentation.
- Leading Owner meetings and participating in all other project meetings as a leader, facilitator, mediator, or key contributor.
- Advises key stakeholders of unavoidable delays.
- Negotiating with contractors on the owners behalf.
- Travel to various locations throughout Michigan is required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related constructiondegree.
- 3+ years of experience in construction management required.
- High level of construction knowledge required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Microsoft Project.
- OSHA30 Hour Training.
- Minimum Training on Utilizing Equipment (i.e. man lifts for example).
- Construction experience in healthcare, education, manufacturing/industrial/food and beverage plants preferred.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER