PLEASE NOTE: The candidate must have an active DOD Top Secret (SCI) Security Clearance.
We are seeking the right individual to fill a Project Manager position for our Washington DC location. The ideal candidate should have educational credentials and work experience related to the contract furniture environment and relocation project management. The Project Manager will support an On-site Program Manager and oversee the efforts of a furniture focused project management team. The candidate will manage a team of project managers, associated staff, and/or subcontractors for multiple furniture projects from inception to completion. Full project management responsibilities include independent management of multiple projects or task orders, creation of detailed schedules and budgets, production/maintenance of project, and staffing plans. The Project Manager acts as primary end-user interface on assigned projects.
- Coordinate, schedule, conduct quality review of subcontractors and documents.
- Maintain contract related reporting and administration in support of Program Manager.
- Provide support to Program Manager throughout all phases of furniture projects
- Participate in site visits and discovery phase of initial customer request to define and develop detailed project scope, specifications, and timeline
- Attend client and ‘team’ meetings
- Manage client communication; facilitate project communication between client and service partners on project progress and identify and manage risk
- Manage project reporting as directed; track project performance
- Ensure project is delivered on-time, complete, and in accordance with quality standards
- Role involves all aspects of Project Management around new furniture procurement from order tracking to logistics associated with delivery and installation and completion of punchlist.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Project Management, Architecture, or related field
- Minimum 6 years of project management, preferably in the contract furniture industry
- Working knowledge of entire life-cycle and associated project management
- Experience working with software tools such as MS Project and CADD KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent project management and organization skills; PM certification preferred
- Excellent internal and external customer service orientation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to effectively direct people from other companies and disciplinesProven ability to develop and manage project budgets
- Able to work flexible hours; projects may occasionally require after hours or weekend work
- Solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have an Active DOD Top Secret (SCI) Clearance