IPS hiring! We are looking for a talented Construction Project Manager to join our industry leading Project Delivery and Construction team at our office located in Germantown, MD.
Assist the Project Director and or Senior Project Manager in the planning, management direction, project completion, client satisfaction, and financial outcome of assigned construction projects as well as achieve their respective management objectives.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Senior Project Manager in coordinating all contractual requirements, design drawings, and project specifications that include, but not limited to:
- Primary Management of and interface with Subcontractors and Vendors
- Project Coordination
- Procurement of sub-contract and purchase orders
- Construction Billings & Cash Flow Projects
- Implement robust Progress Measurement/ Earned Value methods in conjunction with Project Services member.
- Project Schedule Analysis and Updates
- Meeting Minutes and Documentation
- Project Monthly Report Generation
- Change Management Reports
- Application for Payment Verification
- Contract Administration
- Punch-List Management
- Warranty Review
- As-Built Document
- Coordinates resources to achieve project goals.
- Manages client interaction on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
- Generation of project scopes of work and communicates to project team.
- Maintains project schedules. Works closely with Construction Manager and Site Superintendent to monitor performance against target schedule and implement corrective actions against nonconformances.
- Monitors and reports project costs, including values committed, forecast to commit, allowances for growth, and actually expended. Works closely with Construction Manager and Superintendents to ensure that field events, conditions, exceptions, and issues are fully reflected in cost reports.
- Works with Project Services to manage project costs and exposures.
- Assist with oversite of site safety for assigned projects and coordinates with Construction Manager, Superintendents and safety resources, including subconsultants, to establish site safety program, monitor site safety and correct nonconformance.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Project Delivery or a related discipline. Demonstrate significant experience both in terms of industry knowledge.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- This position will have 25% travel, or as required by the assigned project. Position may be assigned to client site for an extended period of time. Overnight travel or staying in the city of Client’s location is possible depending on assignment. Please review IPS Travel Policy. Position will visit Client sites and will be required to adhere to stated safety rules. Position will visit construction sights and will be required to take site safety training and adhere to site safety rules.
- This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is considered a field contractor supervisor and acts in a supervisory role for field work. For IPS employees or subcontractors.
- Superior communication and organization development skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams.
- Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new opportunities to add value to the organization. Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
- Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
- Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
- Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the welfare of our clients and each other. Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
- Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment.