IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Senior Construction Project Manager to join our industry leading Construction Management team at our Overland Park, KS office. Our clients are primarily in the life sciences (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, etc.) so experience in this area is essential. Regional travel is expected in this role. This position has an immediate start.
The Senior ConstructionProject Manager provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve financial, safety and client relationship objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages delivery of individual projects and holds primary responsibility for achievement of cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Oversees activities of project engineers, construction manager and site superintendents on assigned projects.
- Ensures achievement of safety objectives on assigned projects.
- Ensures achievement of corporate goals for assigned projects.
- Coordinates resources to achieve project goals.
- Manages client interaction on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
- Identifies risks to project and corporation and works with project executives and Director of Operations to mitigate risks.
- Special projects as assigned.
Operations & Administrative Duties
- Supports development of prime contract with client. Develops working knowledge of prime contract requirements.
- Develops and maintains written preconstruction, construction and closeout execution plans, obtains review and approval from project executive and/or director of operations and communicates to project team.
- Develops and maintains written project scopes of work and communicates to project team.
- Develops and maintains project schedules, including targeted and actual activities lists, durations and sequencing logic and communicates to project team. Works closely with construction manager and Site Superintendent to monitor performance against target schedule and implement corrective actions against nonconformances. Coordinates design, commissioning and qualificationschedule requirements with constructionschedule.
- Works with estimating to develop project budgets. Coordinates delivery of basis documents to estimating. Obtains review and approval from project executive and/or director of operations and communicates to project team.
- Monitors and reports project costs, including values committed, forecast to commit, allowances for growth and actually expended. Works closely with construction manager and Superintendents to ensure that field events, conditions, exceptions and issues are fully reflected in cost reports. Carefully forecasts final cost of project periodically.
- Manages changes to prime contract, including change control documentation and related financial documentation. Vigorously protects corporate positions.
- Coordinates with financial group to invoice client and manage Accounts Receivable to meet corporate goals. Works with financial group to manage project financial issues.
- Ensures achievement of contractually required quality in design, and works withconstruction manager and superintendents to ensure achievement of contractually required quality in construction.
- Oversees site safety for assigned projects and coordinates with construction manager, superintendents and safety resources, including subconsultants, to establish site safety program, monitor site safety and correct nonconformances.
- Monitors design content and coordinates design revisions for constructability and compliance with basis documents, schedule and budget.
- Procures and coordinates all required project resources, including intradivisional, interdivisional and extracorporate.
- Prepares and manages subcontracts and purchase orders, including change control documentation and related financial documentation.
- Coordinate with financial group to evaluate vendor and subcontractor invoices and arrange for payment as required to meet project and corporate goals.
- Ensures fluid, organized, documented communication between all project participants.
- Ensures that all project documents are distributed, reviewed and stored to meet project and corporate requirements. Project documents include records of communications, design documents, bid packages and addenda and bulletins thereto, and submittals, among others.
- Ensures that all IPS design, construction and compliance activities on project delivery projects comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Manages submissions and payments to authorities having jurisdiction to obtain permits for all IPS activities.
- Supports project/client development process with presentations and related marketing activities.
- Supports project executives, director of operations and general manager in preparation of project delivery proposals.
- Maintains personal competency in relevant professional areas.
- Maintains long-term industry relationships.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in project delivery, five (5) of which must be in a project management role.
- Experience in the life sciences and design build industry are preferred.
- Part-time travel and temporary relocation from six (6) weeks up to one (1) year may be required as projects are being executed regionally and nationally.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over twenty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,000 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.