Interstate Restoration is a national emergency response restoration and general contractor specializing in the return of compromised property to their pre-loss condition. We work with our clients to restore their properties. Our team restores commercial, multifamily, hospitality, educational properties from water damages, flood, fire, smoke and natural disasters.
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of construction projects, schedule, subcontractor negotiations, project budget, and onsite superintendents. This roles supervises total onsite construction efforts to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, code, quality, budget, and schedule.
Job Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for representing Interstate Restoration on jobsites as the primary contact with client representatives, othercontractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, building department, building inspectors, etc.
- May be required to manage or supervise multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills with all subcontractors, owners, building officials, and employees.
- Must demonstrate "control" of project and its successful outcome.
- Review preliminary project budget, identify missing or inaccurate scope items.
- Set up constructionbudget, ensure project costs are accurately accounted for and project is completed under budget.
- Set up initial project schedule with input from Project Director and Project Superintendent.
- Negotiate with all subcontractors and major material suppliers, create in house construction man hour schedule if in house crew is utilized.
- Review and approve all subcontractor invoices, material invoices, employee time cards and expense reports.
- Ensure construction projects are completed on time and to the client's satisfaction.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Reports to Construction Division Manager, works directly with Project Director to ensure projects are sold at a profit.
- In charge of labor related issues, including supervising onsite coworkers and recommending hiring and firing of employees.
- Reviewing estimate, engineering, architectural drawings, and specifications, as well as consulting with Sales Project Manager to ensure that progress is made in accordance with the outlined goals.
- Construction Project Managers typically perform their job from an onsite office and job site visits.
- When projects are located in distant locations responsible to travel and stay in the area of the project usually 2-5 days for a comprehensive understanding of project needs. Due to the nature of the responsibilities held by Construction Project Managers, they must work on call in order to handle all accidents, delays, emergency response, and bad weather conditions. A 40 hour week for a construction manager is a rarity. When necessary, to meet deadlines, projects may be worked on 24 hours a day for a few days or weeks at a time.
- Must be aware of all aspects at the jobsite in respect to workers, machinery, equipment and construction vehicles and promote and communicate safety as a priority.
- Since construction must be carried out quickly, managers must be ready to respond to urgent questions, establish priorities, and delegate tasks as necessary. In order to carry our such duties, a Construction Manager must monitor the working conditions and be aware for problems that might arise, and institute new methods to help the work be done more rapidly and safely.
- Since construction sites can be very dangerous, managers working in the field must do all they can to reduce danger and increase the level of safety present onsite.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to read all Xactimate scopes
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledgeable in all areas of building construction and civil infrastructure. Knowledge of building codes, inspections is critical
- Ability to supervise and communicate clearly, both verbally and written
- Ability to schedule, multitask and be a good problem solver
- Highly organized with the ability to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
- A highly motivated and goal oriented individual
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
- Prior experience with restoration (water/fire) projects
- 4+ years of successful constructionproject managementexperience
- 2 years of supervisory experience in building constructiontrade
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to travel locally, regionally, and nationally as business needs dictate
- Valid driver's license required
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.