At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Project Manager I is responsible for supporting the Senior Project Manager and/or Project Manager in the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction-management project; as well as mentoring multiple Project Engineers and Superintendents.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Project Manager I typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Compile charts and graphs for project reporting
- Maintain Earned Value Analysis (EVA) data for the project
- Assist in preparation of project-specific safety plan
- Proactively carry out the project safety plan and quality plan
- Maintain satisfactory relationships with owners, unions, subcontractors, etc.
- BS OR MSdegree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 3-5 years of Project Managementexperience on $5-15 million construction projects
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills are critical
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Prolog, Microsoft Office (preferred)