Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail, is looking to add a qualified Construction Project Manager to our team. Group 1 is a Fortune 500 company that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its associates. If you’ve got the horsepower to join a fast paced environment and hit our high standards - apply today!
The salary range for this position is $90k - $120k, depending on knowledge and experience. We also offer bonus opportunity and relocation assistance to Houston, TX.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Life and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Manages pre construction activities as well the engineering and construction development of new construction and renovation projects > $500,000.
- Develop and updates budgetary estimates as needed in support of facility construction projects.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for construction negotiation and project development.
- Manages project/scope development, contractor selections, and design development.
- Interfaces with market directors, general managers, landlords, municipalities, and other regulatory authorities.
- Supervision of the entire project team, including architects, engineers, consultants and contractors.
- Work with local architects to produce construction drawings for competitive bidding, permitting and landlord reviews.
- Assist in obtaining and evaluating competitive bids from General Contractors. Establishes key delivery dates and manages progress through completion. Alerts senior management to issues which could result in time delays and cost overruns.
- Develops, implements, and monitors standards for the selection, installation, maintenance, and life cycle activities for owned and leased systems.
- Manages contractors and vendors’ performance and service levels. Reviews invoices for accuracy of pricing and services rendered. Authorizes repairs to store equipment and/or property.
- Ability to travel as required, up to 70%, and remain onsite until completion of special projects scope
- Coordinate project kick-off meetings and communicate with corporate/retail management and project team members re. schedules and construction progress updates.
- Attend construction job site meetings and oversee the work being done by the general contractor.
- Prepare orders for light fixtures, signage, store fixtures, etc. and follow-up to ensure timely delivery to the job sites.
- Monitor change orders, schedules, budgets and quality of the work by the general contractor for each project.
- Prepare the Punch List and follow up with the General Contractor to make sure that all work is completed in a timely manner.
- Review and approve invoices and maintain budget summaries.
- 8-12years of experience in retail real estate and/or construction management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or closely related field
- Must be able to travel as required, up to 70%
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and plan, develop, coordinate, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to develop, negotiate, and enforce a service level agreement with vendors and business colleagues.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal building code and permitting process
- Demonstrated ability to develop and modify specifications, plans, blueprints, and contractual agreements
- Demonstrated full understanding of Facility management programs and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Professional demeanor and a highly motivated ethic to work independently
- Automotive facilities installation and remodel knowledge and experience a plus
- Working knowledge of equipment used in automotive facilities a plus.