We have an immediate need for a Construction Manager (Project Manager/Construction) to be based out of our Roseville, CA office. This manager will work with and under the direction of our western Regional Director of Construction also located in the Roseville, CA office. As an experienced Construction Project Manager, you will work with our in house project Design Team and other licensed Professional Engineers, Governing Authorities, Subcontractors and Clients to manage construction projects in the food, beverage and Pharma manufacturing sectors. Our Construction Manager will interface with our fortune 500 clients, who are industry leaders, to provide quality project execution and will require travel to our various client facilities.
- Responsible for effective (safe, quality, timely, cost effective) execution of industrialconstruction project work on site, through planning, coordination and control of construction resources and activities from inception to project close-out.
- Responsible for ensuring that all materials of construction and methods of construction conform to company, industry, and regulatory standards, specifications, and requirements.
- Responsible for managing the entire contractor bidding process from assembly of bid packages, conducting job walks, evaluating bids, and coordinating contractor mobilization activities.
- Will work as an extension of the client’s project team including Project Manager, Site Engineer and Plant Manager.
- Ideal applicant will have 12 - 20 yrs. maximum total experience in various construction roles.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience as a construction manager (Industrial structures) with overall project responsibility ideally gained from an A&E design build firm.
- Highly desired is experience as a construction manager in industrial structures aimed at the food, beverage, and consumer products, pharmaceutical or related industries.
- Successfully completed industrial projects with values ranging from $50K to $50M.
- Project experience and working knowledge of process systems and ability to read P&IDs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project is desired.
- Manufacturing site experience is preferred.
- 30-60% travel is required. The vast majority of this travel will be regional to jobsites to attend Client meetings and for the occasional short term assignments at client facilities to support installation and start-up activities.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related technical degree field.
- Equivalent years of experience in Construction Management for manufacturing facilities can be substituted for degree
Licenses and Certifications
- Completion of OSHA10 or 30 hour training required
- Construction Project Management accreditation / certification (or equivalent experience)
- We are looking for candidates local to the area. For highly qualified applicants outside of the local area some relocation assistance may be available.