Support and consistently reinforce Coastal's Core Values, is responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project, from start-up through closeout; ensures that both the owner's and Coastal's expectations and budgetary guidelines are met; manages the project from beginning to end, including budget, costs, schedule, risk management, insurances, general work performance, quality, and overall progress against the plan.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develops a high performance team through supervision, training, coaching and mentoring.
- Ensures regular feedback is shared with subordinates, including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Fosters and enhances owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Ensures strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements throughout the company.
- Drives competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations and employee relations.
- Supports and drives utilization of Coastal's initiatives and technology systems.
- Creates the teams, develops the objectives/goals of each, and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Develops the project work plans and makes revisions as and when need arises.
- Conducts periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Leads and communicates with Coastal's Field Supervision, subcontractors and vendors to assist them in working to the Project Schedule.
- Represents Coastal with owners, architects, consultants, government authorities, vendors and subcontractors.
- Administers financial aspects of the owner's contract, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Produces thorough forecast of Cost-to-Complete which drills down to identify potential exposures.
- Produces an accurate percent complete projection to support Coastal's financial management process.
- Works with Preconstruction and Estimating Team in the development of project estimates, review subcontractor scope of work and constructability review comments.
- Reviews and assists in the development of the Subcontractor Bid List.
- Steers the buyout process of the project in an expedited and proficient manner. Makes certain the buyout schedule is established and maintained on a weekly basis.
- Ensures a Permit Log is developed, the permit process is tracked, and all required permits from the various governmental agencies are secured.
- Reviews and provides cost savings options. In addition keeps abreast of state-of-the-art techniques.
- Evaluates project for possible hazards and risk with the Vice President of Safety and jointly develops a Risk Analysis and Safety Plan.
- Ensures that all performance and payment bonds or letters of credit, if required, have been received.
- Reviews the owner contract, subcontractor's contract and contract documents to confirm the budget setup and project milestones are correct.
- Develops and produces an effective Schedule of Values which supports a strong cash flow position. In addition, reviews each subcontractor's initial Schedule of Values to prevent overpayment.
- Ensures that all subcontracts and proper Certificates of Insurance and Bonds are on file prior to commencement of work by any subcontractor. In addition makes certain the project team is tracking the expiration date of each Insurance Policy for the subcontractors working on site.
- Understands and administers Coastal's Contract and Subcontract Agreements.
- Makes certain the Master Project Schedule is established, updated and communicated to the owner and subcontractor.
- Manages budget and financial reporting such as MPSR's; interprets and analyzes reports to insure adherence to project budget.
- Ensures that the document control processes for all addenda, ASI's and Drawing Revisions are kept up to date. In addition, makes certain the project team distributes the revised plans and specifications to the General Superintendent, field, and all subcontractors.
- Reviews memos and minutes for meetings associated with the projects.
- Makes certain the submittals, and RFI's and their corresponding logs are kept up to date.
- Reviews the quality assurance/quality control program of the project.
- Provides leadership in risk evaluation, subcontractors' contract and Change Order negotiations. In addition, requires the project team to produce a monthly Owner Change Order to prevent aging of PCO issues which further allows for timely closure of changes with subcontractors.
- Works with the Project Team and Management to recover all legitimate GC costs relating to owner changes and ascertains that all contract allowances are tracked on a daily basis. Develops an up-to-date list of Change Order Requests (COR). In addition, reviews with the Field Staff all field directives and back charges in Contract Management for timely processing on a monthly basis.
- Reviews and approves all pay applications and follows up to ensure timely receipt of payments to maintain a cash positive project. In addition, reviews sub/vendor requisitions to prevent payment of unsigned or unfunded Change Orders.
- Drives enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
- Keeps management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled Operation Review Meetings.
- Ensures that Notices of Commencements are sent to vendors that file Notice of Furnishings.
- Reviews all owner, architect and subcontractor correspondence.
- Establishes an effective Close-out Plan early in the project which includes the early collection, review and packaging of Contract close-out documents. Implements the use of the Noncompliance Reporting System. Utilizes the Work List System to organize and manage the completion of phases of the work.
- Delivers all necessary manuals to the owner, and ensures that all project documentation and files are consolidated according to company policy.
- Assists in obtaining information required for the loan closing.
- Makes certain that all close-out documents are obtained, assembled, distributed, and files all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
- Obtains the release of any bonds posted during construction by Coastal or any subcontractor.
- Manages the turn over to the owner of all required Close-Out documents.
- Manages subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list process.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in the construction industry.
- 5+ years in the role of Assistant Project Manager and must have worked as an Assistant Project Manager on a minimum of 5 projects with each having a budget in excess of $65 million.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Primavera P-6