The Construction Project Manager is the leader of their project. As such, the Project Manager seeks financial success, schedule attainment, safety objectives and above all positive client and subcontractor relationships. The Project Manager must demonstrate sound business sense, technical knowledge, strong leadership, organizational ability, time management, communication skill and professional client service technique.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads project from estimate through close out documentation.
- Manages delivery of individual projects and holds primary responsibility for achievement of cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Develop and maintain project budgets, master schedule and procurement strategy.
- Control scope, cost, schedule, cost events and quality.
- Oversees activities of Project Engineers, Construction Manager and Site Superintendents on assigned projects.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate between design, construction, compliance, client and subcontractor personnel.
- Coordinates resources to achieve project goals.
- Manages client interaction on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
- Identifies risks to project and corporation and works with Project Executives and Director of Operations to mitigate risks.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Construction Management, 3 of which must be in a Project Management or Senior Project Engineering role.
- Experience within Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, Healthcare, Manufacturing and/or Industrial Sectors.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to read, understand and create contractual requirements, scope objectives and financial reports.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience with EPCMV projects a plus but not required.