EXP is currently seeking an experienced Construction Project Engineer for our Wisconsin Operations. The selected candidate will be responsible for the project execution, calculation, and documentation of on-site construction activities for various infrastructure projects. The individual will be responsible for and oversee the work of one or more Staff Engineers and technicians, will delegate work appropriately to staff, and will be highly involved in the QA/QC of inspection reports and project close-out documentation.
- Lead transportation and civil construction projects (interpreting designs, construction specifications, verification of contractor performance, and pay estimates).
- Perform daily construction observation activities and maintain daily observation reports, photos, and as-built records.
- Review contractor claims and change orders and provide recommendations to the Owner.
- Perform field engineering calculations as required.
- Prepare and review construction documents for constructability.
- Compile reports.
- Monitor contractor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans and specifications.
- Work within public and private sectors.
- Demonstrate excellent technical and professional engineering skills commensurate with years of experience
- Coordinate with other engineers and support staff; responsible for reviewing plans from multiple disciplines to verify that a cohesive set of contract documents exists for construction.
- Ensure that the company technical, safety and quality policies and procedures are practiced during the execution of projects.
- Demonstrate a proactive, collaborative approach with project team members, client representatives, review/permit agencies and others as appropriate for the project.
- Attend and host various progress meetings.
- Process progress payments, RFI’s, DIN’s, WAF’s, and Change Orders by utilizing WisDOT’s construction programs.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by managers within the group.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering required. Preferably in civil, transportation engineering.
- 6+ plus years of experience.
- Licensed PE in the State of Wisconsin.
- Expertise with WisDOT construction documentation and scheduling software.
- WisDOT HTCP Certifications