The Water Business Line of Arcadis is seeking a Principal Construction Project Director, to join our world class firm's Construction Services team in Irvine CA OR Riverside CA.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Seller/Doer individual to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country. The Principal Project Director, with the support of a strong nationally recognized technical staff, will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of the Water/Wastewater in the construction market with a proven reputation within the Orange County CA OR Riverside County CA area in successfully winning and executing projects and managing project pursuits within the Construction Management market of this region to help build and grow our practice.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides construction leadership through all phases of projects up to and including;
- Managing project teams' daily construction activities
- Managing contracts
- Maintaining QA/QC requirements and approaches
- Providing clients with regular progress updates
- Monitors performance of contractors
- Overall site safety
- Subcontractors and suppliers
- Follow up on and relays any issues related to these to clients including
- Changes or deviation from plan, on a regular basis.
- Client Management / Development activities will include; managing overall client expectations, leading project pursuit efforts and identification of new projects to pursue, in the Orange County market or Riverside County and as part of the Water Construction team throughout the West region.
- Lead teams in the preparation of winning proposals and successful presentations.
- Manages development of scopes of work and budgets for various projects.
- Work with Project/Program Manager to plan, manage, execute and deliver various engineering projects on time, on budget and to the performance expectations of the client.
- Supervises and supports the work of others; to include mentoring junior level technical staff.
- Will utilize their expert knowledge of cost trends, change management, claims, and other construction-related matters to ensure overall success of project delivery while maintaining Arcadis' standards and specifications for project success.
- Uses both their oral and written communication skills to effectively lead and conduct progress, project, safety, scheduling and other contract administration meetings with client, local agencies and the community.
- Recommends improvements to the project cost, budgets and schedules, requiring experience using Primavera or MS Project.
- Other responsibilities will include acting as liaison to design staff for obtaining field information related to the answering of correspondence, RFI's and review of shop drawings.
- Strong client relationships with credible recognition to assist in positioning for new work is required.
- Proven excellence with Client Management and Client Development and must have strong communication skills with leadership experience.
- Successful track record pursuing, proposing and winning work.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience (12 years of construction experience for construction facilities as a Resident Engineer or Construction Manager, out of the 15 years overall experience).
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Construction or a closely related field of study.
- California Professional Engineer License.
- Experience managing construction budgets and schedules and with estimating, change order negotiation, and bidding.
- Proficiency with Primavera and/or MS Project and the MS Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).