Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, update, and maintain the Quality Management Plan for the project.
- Monitor all quality related activities on the project.
- Implement quality processes to ensure construction is performed in accordance with the design intent and in accordance with approved shop drawings.
- Audit the contractor’s QMS to verify compliance with approved quality management plan.
- Compile acceptance and handover procedures for each construction milestone and ensure that punch list items are resolved.
- Review contractor’s quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements
- Devise procedures to control nonconforming work and monitor the disposition of all issued nonconformance reports.
- Devise corrective action procedures.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system.
- Recommend and implement improvements when required.
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the site QC manager
- Coordinate with FTA and other stakeholders as required.
- Maintain Quality Records
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering/Management, Engineering, Architecture or related technical field and eight years of progressively responsible experience in in a Quality Management role on a construction project.
- Professional Engineer, Registered Architect license and ASQ Certification are desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of FTA Quality Management Guidelines
- Process Control
- Inspection and Testing
- Quality Audits
- Non-conformances and Corrective Actions
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Professional Engineer, Registered Architect license and ASQ Certification are desirable.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans - up to 9% employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)