ARCADIS is seeking a nationally recognized Construction Oversight Manager that has successfully managed billion-dollar, heavy civil transportation projects.
Serves as the on-site client representative on site and is responsible for the management, managerial oversight, administration, and coordination of the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction. The PC/M has the general responsibilities of coordinating and managing people, materials, and equipment as well as the contractor’s compliance with the client's safety policies, and conducting safety assessments as required by the client. The P/CM will determine that the work of the contractor is performed in accordance with the construction contract, project plans, and specifications, and all other contract documents and amendments thereto so as to guard against defects and deficiencies in the contractor's work.
• Ability to build trust and partnership with the client. Executive “presence” – soft skills in addition to deep P/CM experience
• As the lead construction manager, ability to effectively interface with the client, program manager, design-builder, and numerous 3rd parties
• Seasoned claims avoidance and dispute resolution
• Ability to handle conflict smoothly and unemotionally; ability to build trust with project sponsors and stakeholders
• Track record of managing large teams well; success with team performance, morale, roles/responsibilities, and collaboration
• Technical expertise: Earthworks, utilities, grade separations, bridge structures, environmental clearances/permits, Caltrans civil and structures processes
• Managed mega programs/projects ($1B+) involving design-build
• Willingness to perform the duties as the full-time, on-site Project/Construction Manager as the day to day liason to the client; overseeing the activities of the Arcadis PCM team. Regular travel or relocation will be required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other related field
• Ten(10) years of experience in Project Management, Construction Management or Construction Contracting of Complex Heavy Civil Engineering projects; including rail projects
• (5) years of Resident Engineer acting as the Principle/Owner’s Representative in the management of Major Construction Contracts of at least $1B in construction costs
• Five (5) years’ experience managing alternative delivery projects
• The P/CM should have a thorough understanding of Caltrans civil and structural criteria and review process, NEPA/CEQA practices, FTA construction practices, AREMA Standards, Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), local Regional Rail Authorities and state Public Utilities Commission regulations governing railroads, and work effectively with numerous state and federal regulatory agencies and 3rd parties.