Department:NYPC-White PlainsLocation:White Plains, NY
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB is seeking an experienced Construction Manager to join our expanding Energy practice in the Northeast. The successful candidate will have professional experience in the management of construction projects within the energy and utilities industry. Projects will be located throughout New York State.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Manages the organization’s construction activities and projects
- Communicates with clients, contractors and vendors concerning project cost, staffing and scheduling
- Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications
- Oversees and directs construction staffing required to support the project
- Prepares bids and negotiating specifications for materials, equipment, manpower or other construction services and equipment procurement. Obtains necessary approvals and ensures that standard procedures are followed
- Keeps alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project
- May prepare reports, budget summaries and schedules for senior management as necessary to communicate project status and work activities
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to work well in team-oriented structure
- Ability to travel to project sites and reside in the project area as required to support the project requirements
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience managing construction tasks and projects
- PE/PMP certification
- Proof of OSHA 30-Hour safety course within the last 3 years
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.