To coordinate, oversee and allocate resources for the execution and successful completion of new store projects, minor and major upgrades, and/or changes to existing facilities.
Fundamental Job Tasks
- Manage and verify safety and regulatory related issues affecting construction activities;
- Enforce company policies and procedures;
- Coordinte with other company departments;
- Manage and allocate staff and subcontractor resources to match schedule requirements;
- Manage and evaluate subcontractor performance;
- Forecast and manage project expenditues, and identify variances and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Evaluate, track and implement approved change orders;
- Verifiy work is in compliance with approved construction documents and all regulatory requirements and make on-site inspections during critical phases;
- Work closely with the Project Design Department in the development of project plans;
- High degree of confidentiality, integrity, accuracy and problem solving is required
- Any other duties necessary
- Minimum AA Degree or equivalent Certificate of Completion in a construction related field such as construction science, engineering or architecure. Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience and/or education in the construction field as a contractor and/or journeyman carpenter;
- Knowledge of construction methodology and ability to read and understand construction documents and other technical and equipment specifications relating to supermarket construction;
- Knowledge of all phases of light commerical construction including OSHA, EPA, SWPPP and AQMD compliance requirements
- Excellent Written and Communications skills; (coordinate visual observation and oral or written communication into concise, descriptive, written or oral format that reflects continuity of thought and effectively convey concepts and conclusions);
- Excellent Interpersonal skills; (communicate and interact in situations requiring instruction and persuasion; participate in conferences, group discussions and one on one interaction)
- Ability to meet strict deadlines involving multiple projects; (simultaneously manage several projects with varying due dates and differing requirements, maintaining continuity from planning through implementation and monitoring stages);
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of individuals doing business with the Company; (individuals within the Company, subcontractors, vendors, governments officials, etc);
- Proficient with Personal Computer to include Microsoft Office - Word, Excel Access and Calendar functions of Microsoft Outlook;
- Ability to deal effectively with all individuals
- Confidentiality, integrity, accuracy and problem solving required.