11 - 15 years experience • Engineering Services
Reports to Senior Vice President, Vice President, or Senior Project Manager. Makes decisions and recommendations, which can greatly impact corporate relationship with Client and project profitability.
Four-yearengineeringdegree or equivalent
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Extensive (10 or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a business-oriented person.
Should have a good understanding of the inter-working relationship(s) of and between various craft trades including subcontractors and the ability, gained through experience, to anticipate and implement corrective actions of potential labor related problems, such as: recruiting, training and employee retention.
*** Previous experience managing downstream and midstream Construction projects in Ohio, West Virgina, and Pennsylvania is strongly considered. Union experience, as well as, Merit Shop construction experience are desirable.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through department heads.
- Implement, manage and provide safety leadership to assure zero injury safety results.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and engineers to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendents to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
Job ID 3768