Reaction Search International is a global executive search firm. We are currently retained on a search with a key client of ours that is has an immediate need to recruit a Construction Manager to join their growing team.
Our client has been around for over 60 years with several North American offices. They are a distributor, vertically-integrated manufacturer, and installation company. They have a great culture and revolve around family values, hence their growing success.
Our client wants to bring on board a Construction Manager to join their Construction Group. This candidate will become the primary contact for the company's clients, as well as overseeing the organization, planning, and execution of numerous earthworks and heavy civil projects across the United States. The size and scope of projects will vary across the country, and our client is looking for a 'leader' mentality to work with the field management team to make sure safety is the number one priority.
Located in Southern California, the Construction Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the Project Management team and multiple projects concurrently
- Review project proposals to determine timeframe, proper installation or work procedures, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Review plans, specifications and shop drawings for accuracy, compliance and construction feasibility.
- Review contracts and manage the financial aspects of contracts; ensure job margin analysis is completed on a regular basis
- Track project costs to maintain budget and profitability.
- Monitor and report project cost and schedule performance; recommend corrective actions if needed
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with project owners, subcontractors, suppliers, and industry professionals.
- Ensure proper project billing; review/negotiate potential change orders with clients
- Direct and ensure timely completion of project close-out activities
- Mentor Project Managers; champion skill development through training and performance reviews
- Document best practices to share with other PM team; ensure best practices are being used
An ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Change orders and claims
- Bid Review
- Pay applications
- Purchase Orders
- Project costs and quantities
- General overall correspondence
- SWPPP plans and maintenance of same
- Proven leaderships qualities working with other Managers
- 10+ years of heavy civil / earthworks construction experience
- 4 year degree preferred
- "Roll up the sleeves" mentality
- Construction Business Operations experience