Whileapplying technicalengineeringknowledge and skills, this position will:
- Plan, organize and direct engineering work involving construction of projects.
- Manage a team of construction inspectors and EITs.
- Oversee the civil engineeringconstruction of projects including observation of water, wastewater, transportation projects, storm water, planning, paving, structural, and others
- Plan for the construction support needed on a variety of projects.
- Participate in all phases of the project design review and supports all phases of construction, based on specific project needs.
- Analyze engineering data, review existing reports and documents, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound decisions with the support of experienced engineers and technicians to solve construction challenges or conflicts in the field.
- Be responsible for project communication and updates with team, client, and supervisor.
- Create business opportunities and explore the development of contracts.
- Collaborate with other engineers and public agencies (Cities, Counties, State, etc.) on projects.
- Interact with government agencies for necessary permits, crossing agreements, easements, encroachments and other necessary requirements.
- Bachelordegree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Current Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensure
- 5-10 years of work experience on similar work in construction oversight, observation/inspection, Highway/road constructionexperience, and/or project management experience.
- GIS and CAD/MicroStation experience is desired but not required.
- IQP and WAQTC certification are desired but not required.