The Construction Manager, Supervision will be based in Houston, Texas and will report to the Manager of Construction (MOC), serving as a link between the Construction function and project teams and providing assistance in the staffing of field supervision personnel on OG&C Construction projects throughout the world. Acting as liaison between office entities and field construction, ensures that construction requirements are made known to project teams in a timely manner and provides construction responses to project teams.
Essential Job Duties:
- Interfaces with construction coordinators and Construction Engineering groups to develop the most economical construction methods and techniques.
- Participates in overall construction supervision plans, layouts, and organization.
- May participate in project team evaluation of office contracts/subcontracts.
- Reviews project quality control programs for consistency.
- Visits jobsites globally, as required.
- Participates in the resolution of problems when requested by field Construction Managers or field superintendents.
- Participates in the preparation and review of construction proposals, cost estimates, budgets, forecasts and schedules.
- Provide support to Construction personnel with regards to staffing of new positions.
- Assist staffing manager in planning for future requisitions.
- Review & Analyze Project Field Non Manual Staffing curves for incorporation to Functional Staffing Database.
- Liaison between projects and HR.
- Attend critical staffing meetings and produce reports and presentations.
- Development and upkeep of Staffing Metrics for Senior Executives.
- Liaise and coordinate with other GBU MOC’s.
- Integration and standardization of staffing processes in to the functional staffing database.
- Use of Talentworks to review resumes and select appropriate candidates for open positions.
- Use of Six Sigma tools to improve processes and best practices.
- Mentoring and coaching to Construction employees.
- Able to analyze lots of data and make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 15+ Years’ experience on Heavy Industry Construction projects.
- Broad based knowledge of the function and interrelationships of field construction entities and operations.
- Excellent People and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong belief in a “Zero Accident” safety philosophy.
- Strong communication skills.
Requisition ID: 210279