This position will allow you to manage/direct activities associated with the design, construction of buildings, energy projects, facilities, wastewater/water, dams, highways, pipelines, landfills, or other construction projects. You will study drawings and specifications to plan and sequence procurement and construction activities, plan proper construction means and methods, staff projects based on the construction plan, based on knowledge of available tools, equipment and various construction methods.
You will be responsible for, but not limited, to the following:
- Serve as Project Safety Officer (in absence of an assigned Supervisor).
- Collaborate with Project Manager in the development and modification to the Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Provide updates to the Project Manager in accordance with the PEP as it relates to cost, schedule and client management.
- Estimate cost of materials, labor and use of equipment required to fulfill provisions of contract.
- Assemble members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project to review job specific issues (schedules, health & safety issues, subcontractor coordination, etc.). Assign roles and responsibilities for field activities in accordance with the PEP.
- Plan, schedule, and oversee other superintendents, supervisors, administrators on project related activities.
- Collaborate with the sales and development of projects.
- Obtain client feedback and maintain client relationships.
- Lead team with the change orders process including proper notification, supporting data gathering/organization development for Project Manager review and processing.
- Develop training for other team members.
- Develop and manage the commissioning and closeout process.
- Participate actively in creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite.
- Associate Degree in Applied Science plus 9+ years relevant years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or Construction plus 0-5+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to read plans/drawings/specifications and interpret data.
- Construction sequencing and planning, construction scheduling/durations, safety planning, means and methods.
- Travel required.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.