Construction Manager - Multi-family
Our client, a prominent and growing Residential Multi-family Construction Company, is seeking a Construction Manager for Multi-family to join their team in the greater South Bend, IN area.
The successful candidate for the Construction Manager ? Multi-family position will have these general responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the home building process to include, developing and maintaining the constructionschedules, adhering to constructionbudgets and cost, ordering materials, schedulinginspections, contractor management and quality management.
- Review job specific information with tradecontractors prior to commencement of work.
- Ensure the project stays within budget and on time.
- Oversee construction process of the project from start to completion.
- Manage and document project design and construction progress for duration of the project.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with vendors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Conduct quality control inspections in accordance with company requirements.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Loss Control Program.
- Maintain current knowledge of national and local codes.
- Walk units under construction daily.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures for authorization and payment of contract and non-contract work.
Requirements for Construction Manager ? Multi-family:
- Bachelor?s degree in Construction, Construction Management or related discipline preferred.
- 10+ years of field construction experience with slab on grade and wood framed construction to include major site development.
- Must have 3+ years of multi-family construction and management experience.
- Must have managed construction projects in excess of $20 million.
- Experience reading and interpreting construction documents and plans to include blueprints and shop drawings.
- Strong project management and financial analysisexperience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace and team-oriented environment.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Bluebeam.
- Must have a valid driver?s license and current auto insurance.
- Regular travel to the job sites are required.