MasTec – Utility Services Group activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including, but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
We are currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our dynamic Team in the Knoxville Area.
The Construction Manager supports the Director of Operations and is responsible for execution of all assigned project work in accordance withcontractual obligations, design specifications, industry standards, permits, schedule and all regulatory guidelines. Ensuring the safety of the public and thework force is a primary responsibility of the Construction Manager.This member of the management team will help define the means and methods for project delivery, network integration needs, will validate overall path planning and will coordinate and share field intelligence with both engineering and program management teams. Team building and motivation constitutes a major aspect of successful performance on this project, and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated similar victories on recent prior projects.
- Project walkouts to ensure design is feasible and efficient;
- Project research for projects to include:Development of work packet to include project detail, maps, images and supporting files for review by other functional project team members;
- Develop site plan and images;
- List of site assets;
- Define labor and materials for project;
- Permitting needs;
- Infrastructure and Node or plant connection points;
- Locate service needed;
- City, County and State requirements or restrictions;
- Network and asset knowledge and planning to include aerial and underground project labor and materials as defined by the Client;
- Responsible for ensuring company standard safety practices;
- Safety violation enforcement and disciplinary action reviews;
- Will take the lead in Safety training and compliance;
- Provides specialized technical expertise in support of the Quality program, including specialized inspection and testing techniques, quality training, statistical methods, audits, quality tools for problem solving and assessment;
- Implements principles of performance evaluation in collaboration with the PMO and the Client;
- Full responsibility for collection of data deliverables from the field to the Client;
- Have an understanding of Federal, State, local and company safety policies and assist in the continued development of a Safety Culture in theworkplace;
- Determine resource needs and allocate as necessary to meet project requirements;
- Resource scheduling to meeting project milestone dates;
- Interpret and explain project plans and specifications to staff to ensure understanding and compliance with specifications;
- Direct and supervise internal and subcontracted work force;
- An understanding of aerial and underground utility construction means and methods appropriate to the specifications of the project;
- Track and report all internal and subcontracted resources and report daily/weekly/monthly production as it relates to the overall project schedule;
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports;
- Requisition supplies and materials, as required by supply chain management, to complete construction projects;
- Communicate with supervisory personnel, owners, subcontractors and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as procedures, complaints and construction challenges;
- Investigate all construction related claims and delays to ensure proper procedures are being implemented and enacted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related Engineering discipline preferred or equivalent combination ofexperience and education;
- 15 years of relevant supervisory and leadership experience on complex major telecommunications projects;
- Strong working knowledge of site analysis, permitting and approvals, budget control, estimating, project scheduling and construction coordination;
- Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Excellent customer and Client service skills;
- Strong capabilities in analysis and problem solving;
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and driven to excellence;
- A strong team builder with the ability to motivate others to strive for and exceed project obligations and expectations;
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and a strong understanding of the entire corporate utility infrastructure functions from planning to delivery;
- Computer literate, knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) and Adobe;
- An understanding of utility construction installation methodologies, blue print reading and understanding ofrequirement/specification technical requirements;
- An understanding of critical path methodology to ensure timely delivery of milestone tasks;
- Valid state driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Experience in the local area;
- Certifications in Project or Program Management and experience utilizing this approach to project execution.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.