Construction Managers - are you ready to advance your career It's time to partner with an industry leader! Specializing in turnkey services, MasTec Network Solutions is a leading specialty contractor for communications, utilities, and governments. Our services and solutions upgrade the telecommunications infrastructure that is the backbone of the world's economy. Right now, we are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to direct day-to-day operations and assist the Project Manager, who has ultimate responsibility for the project. So much of our success depends on exceptional Construction Managers, like you! We know you work hard, so we work hard for you. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, advancement opportunities, and incentive programs that recognize top performers and jobs well done. You deserve to build your career with a reputable company that rewards your hard work! Apply today! Job Responsibilities As a Construction Manager, you will manage daily operations of self-performing installation staff, subcontractors, and superintendents while they are engaged in the construction, installation, and in-service testing of all project-related Telecom communications systems. You will be responsible for overseeing the project staff and subcontractors through infrastructure design, procurement, build, and testing of all the affected communication networks associated with the project being managed.
Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Serving as jobsite representative for the carrier
- Assisting in the identification and qualification of the various sub-contractor required for the project, including all site and building trades
- Providing coordination and input as needed with utility companies providing services and infrastructure for the project, including schedule and cost management
- Developing initial project specific cost estimates and taking lead responsibility with the budgetary management of the various cost components of the project
- Monitoring and ensuring schedule performance and quality workmanship of contractors
- Working closely with the contractor, architect, civil engineer, and associated consultants in developing site specific value engineering options for the work
- Reviewing change proposals, proposal requests, requests for information, supplemental instructions, and othercontract documentation as required on behalf of the carrier's interests
- Reviewing and approving contractor payment requests
- Attending local meetings, approval meetings, and conferences on behalf of the carrier documenting and taking action on items in the carrier's interests
- Maintaining relationships and acting as the carrier's liaison in matters associated with Federal, State, and Municipal matters, including the City's permitting and inspection requirements
- Reviewing tenant leases and requirements as it pertains to the carrier's obligations, ensuring the carrier meets the requirements while controlling project cost
- Coordinating with tenant's design and construction personnel to ensure accuracy in the owner's development of tenant's documents
- Serving as an information resource by coordinating tenant's work, participating in meetings, resolving disputes, providing ongoing feedback, and coordinating project punch list and close-out.
High energy, strong decision making abilities, and good interpersonal skills are keys for success in this role. Do you have the skills and experience to ensure construction is completed in a timely and accurate manner according to client specs We want to hear from you!
Construction Manager Requirements:
- Related bachelor's degree, preferably in Construction Management
- 3 years of directly related leadership experience with construction background general contractor experience, preferred
- Strong consultative, organizational, and communication skills
- Previous site management experience as well as experience maintaining a good relationship with the client and suppliers
- Hands-on experience with directing the activities of contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural construction in an industrial setting
- Ability to read engineering drawings maps
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Project