The Project Manager is responsible for management of the Health System capital projects and specific functions related to regulatory compliance, accounting and procurement process, and coordination of furnishings, signage, movable equipment, phone and IT for all assigned projects.
Actively promotes a Lean work culture by performing team member duties to encourage consistent use of LEAN principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes the necessity of taking ownership of one’s own motivation, morale, performance and professional development. Strives for behavior consistent with being committed to Excela’s missions, vision and values.
Essential Functions: Defined as duties specific to the job, that, if removed, would change the entire purpose of the job; to include the Essential Physical Demands and Essential Working Conditions of this position.
I. Core Essential Functions:
- Regular, consistent, on-site, and timely attendance.
- Knowledge of construction terminology. Assist Director in arranging, maintaining, entering data and retrieving accurate logs of project documentation
- Shop drawing/submittal status
- Contractor Request for Information
- Cost accounting (budget status reports)
- Working knowledge of computer systems, and software in building management
"Ability to perform the Essential Functions listed on the Physical Conditions and ability to peform the Essential Functions on the Working Condition chart (see attached chart)."
II. Specialty Essential Functions:
- Functions as Construction Manager to the Director and/or Vice President.
- Assists in project delivery tasks such as keying, phone and data installations. Coordinate finish selections on projects and other miscellaneous duties required to provide a functional working space for users.
- Assists in preparation of plans and specifications for projects.
- Updates master records (as built drawings, approved plans, Life Safety Plans, Standard Products and finishes).
- Manage the activities of designers, contractors and vendors as directed.
- Manages Contractor and in-house personnel on capital projects.
- Prepares coordination schedules for capital projects.
- Serves as liaison to user groups in preparation and execution for move-ins, start-ups orientation and warranty.
- Manages the planning, coordinating and execution of building system shutdowns and other activities disruptive operational functions in a manner that minimizes impact.
- Serves as liaison with user groups on projects to facilitate interior finishes selections and furniture design and installation.
- Coordinates and schedules all PADOH inspections required on projects by DSI and DAAC. Assists in obtaining and organizing all documentation needed for inspections.
- Develop and coordinate interior/exterior sign packages.
- ICRA coordinator: submit, monitor, and follow-up liaison for Infection Control.
- Tabulates, codes and records purchase orders, invoices, and other project related documentation for Procurement and Accounts Payableprocesses.
- Assists the Director of Facilities Planning & Development in providing timely information for Senior Leadership
- Compile statistical data and other materials necessary to complete reports, records, special studies and correspondence.
- Review and reply to all necessary correspondence and resolution of other administrative details, as directed. Develops communication independently as requested, such as memos, notices, notes and letters.
- Attends at least one educational program annually to enhance role performance.
III. Marginal Functions: Defined as duties that are not essential in nature and do not take a considerable amount of time to complete (less than 10%).
- Performs other duties as required.
IV. Required Skills and Knowledge: Minimum level of education, skills and abilities necessary in performing the job.
- Associates Degree in Engineering (or related field), or Trade Journeyman Certificate
Certification / Licensure / Regulation:
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Related training/experience (preferably within the past five years)
- Three years minimum experience in building construction or building maintenance
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Functional Skills on PC and Related Software (Microsoft Office)
- Proficiency in the use of Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and various software programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong leadership ability, independent thinking and decision-making ability; analytical problem solving skills, sound judgment; excellent oral and written communication skills, must be able to function in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to work independently and in a team setting; creativity in treatment in various settings including inpatient, skilled nursing and outpatient clinics; ability to transition smoothly between various treatment settings; flexibility in scheduling.
- Sound judgment, problem solving skills, strong oral and written communication skills, ability to follow directions from other team members; works independently assigned duties.
- Ability to communicate with all members of the health care team
- Independent thinking and decision-making ability
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Basic working knowledge of computers and office equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or actively pursuing coursework toward degree.