Interstate Restoration is looking for a Construction Manager for our Hayward, CA location. We are a national emergency response restoration and general contractor specializing in the return of compromised property to their pre-loss condition. We work with our clients to restore their properties. Our team restores commercial, multifamily, hospitality, educational properties from water damages, flood, fire, smoke and natural disasters.
The Construction Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, budgeting and supervising projects from early development through completion within a region. They will solicit input and provide updates from concept through completion with both internal and external parties. They will be responsible for leading, motivating and directing team members to achieve the goals for a project safely, on time and under budget. They will be responsible for developing and utilizing resources that meet and exceed Interstates standards for quality, integrity and timeliness.
Below are key tasks associated with the Construction Manager position:
- Manage all daily operations for all assigned projects
- Lead a team of 4-7 Superintendents at various locations (between Seattle & Spokane)
- Maintain Quality Control Assurance to meet customer expectations
- Sales Coordination with Project Director - pursuant to active projects
- Project Financial Reporting - specific to individual projects under his/her management
- Collections Support - specific to his/her projects and in concert with Project Director
- Risk Analysis - Identifying and preventing risks related to job production
- Budgeting oversee Superintendents and Project Director budgets and scopes
- Contract & Change Order Execution and Adherence to policies and procedures
- Management of assigned projects
- Management of Construction Superintendent team
- Project financialreporting - contract amount, estimate budgeting, cost budgeting, WIP, Change Orders
- Construction Standards - installation practice, safety and code knowledge, scheduling, quality of work
- Physical presence within the region - travel to job sites and meeting with construction superintendents
- Unquestionable ethics and background
- Understand how to interpret blueprints, request and manage permits, have OSHA 30 or 100 hour certification
- Proficient with SAGE/Timberscan
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Project
- Ability to motivate a team, work under pressure, and possess excellent time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in construction management preferred, not required
- Minimum 8 10 years in the restoration construction industry with at least 5 years in a management role (leading Superintendents).