Construction Management/Contract Administration: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assigned to the Program Management/Construction Management Group, the primary responsibilities of this position include oversight of water/wastewater pipeline, pump station, reservoir and treatment plant construction projects. Work includes day-today construction management/contract administration, field problem resolution, coordination/conducting meetings with contractors, clients, and staff; scheduling; Change Management, and providing expert advice to our clients.
- Electronic document management and processing including for correspondence, submittals, RFI’s progress payment requests, change orders, etc.
- Preparing written communications between owner and contractor and engineer.
- Strong leadership and verbal and written communication skills and outstanding work ethic to work on major water/wastewater related infrastructure projects.
- Responsibilities will include client management working in close conjunction with other Kennedy/Jenks Program Management /Construction Management Group and engineering senior staff.
Inspection: The primary inspectionresponsibilities of this position include constructioninspection duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Daily oversight of contractor and its construction activities including preparing written daily report; tracking contractor schedule compliance, etc.
- Coordinating with materials testing and special inspection firm.
- Monitoring contractor’s compliance with SWPPP, permit and environmental requirements.
- Assisting with testing, startup and commissioning activities.
- Interfacing with the public and regulatory and permitting agencies.
- Providing QA of contractor’s work.
- 7+ years of experience working in the water-wastewater construction and/or construction management industry.
- Background must include experience in general contracting and/or engineering and construction management. Specifically, the applicant must possess knowledge and experience in managing complex construction projects including the construction of water/wastewater facilities from Notice to Proceed through start-up/commissioning/closeout.
- A strong knowledge and experience of safe work practices is required.
- Successful candidates will have strong teamwork, organization, problem solving, and communication skills. Candidates with multi-discipline construction management experience are highly desired.
- Construction Management Association of America CCM or Engineering PE certification or ability to obtain same within 12months a plus.
- Applicants must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, with schedulingexperience in either Microsoft Project and/or P-6 a plus.
- Inspectionexperience with all facets of construction; civil, mechanical and electrical installations.
- Experience with sewer rehabilitation, municipal projects, water and wastewater pipelines, pump stations, and treatment plants for new construction and rehabilitation highly preferred.
- Holding certifications for specialty inspections of steel, concrete, welding, coatings, and other aspects of infrastructure projects are desirable.