- Will be on-site, inspecting jobs.
- Individual shall have demonstrated skill in construction project management with experience in managing a distributionconstruction site and have knowledge about Distribution installation projects.
- Provide constructability feedback during design and walk downs.
- Review Bill of Materials and assist with managing material availability.
- Develop work scope for construction bid documents and assist Project Manager in bid evaluations.
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all construction activities involved in a project.
- Coordinate contracted work activities for centrally managed Utilities projects during installation, monitor contractor(s) on safety, cost, quality and schedule performance.
- Run safety briefings with contracted construction crews.
- Initiate Scope Change requests.
- Elevate document deficiencies and Provide Planning support to the project team as required.
- May be Responsible for coordinating Outage Requests and oversight of all construction.
- Read electrical drawings.
- Discuss jobs with various contractors and make changes/corrections, if necessary.
- Reviews scheduling, to ensure projects are still on schedule so the team knows when to install cables.
- Attend meetings on job statuses and progression.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 15 years of distributionconstructionexperience in the electric power industry.
- Experience in the electrical utility field, with specific experience in distribution and network systems within an urban area such as DC, where there are network installations
- Experience with Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and Client Utilities safety policies and utility line experience.
- Understanding of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedure and the ability to become a qualified Clearance Holder.
- Monitor site construction activities for adherence to Client Utilities's Environmental Policy and Adherence to Client Utilities procedure PC-PE-9005 (Construction Manager Responsibilities).
- Strong knowledge of underground lines / cable work
- Understanding of splicing components for underground lines; lead splicing, rubber splicing
- Understanding of various cables; paper insulated, rubber, high voltage, etc.
- Ability to look at a print and decide next actions, such as whether there will need to be an outage.
- Asset Suite 8 experience is a plus.