Location: Houston, Texas
Employment Type: Full-Time
Education: BS Construction Management or BS Civil Engineering or other engineering discipline
Experience: 0 to 3 years construction project management
Aries Building Systems is a fully integrated company specializing in constructing, selling and leasing modular buildings and turnkey solutions. Aries currently has offices throughout the US and Canada. We continue to show year over year growth due to our experienced team and strong financial backing. Aries Building Systems is seeking experienced Construction Manager to help support our growing business.
The successful candidate will be a "hands on" construction professional with demonstrated accomplishments in their field.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for proactively managing the construction process with the contractors, subcontractors and architects. The CM will also be responsible for managing requests for proposal, change orders and submittal logs for all active projects with contractors, in addition to coordinating/managing with all contractors on notices, lien waiver logs and documentation. The CM will also be expected to provide input into scopes of work with the aim of capitalizing on budget savings and improving project value. The CM will also assist in handling post-closing purchaser's complaints from construction activities and any other minor situations that may develop during the development process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Project Mangers on a daily basis
- Management of subcontractors for production, quality control, adherence to engineering design, safety, schedule performance, inspections, and resolve issues/problems as they arise.
- Perform weekly project reports and perform a weekly project meetings with VP construction and Corporate office.
- Oversee all project documentation.
- Permitting compliance.
- Job site safety along with HSE Manager.
- Review superintendent daily logs for construction activities and daily project report .
- Manage site superintendent, project coordinator, HSE manager, project subcontractors/vendors, and others.
- Weekly cost projection and reporting.
- Generating subcontractors scopes of work for bid, bid analysis, and contract/purchase order writing.
- Generate subcontracts Schedule of Values and weekly/monthly percent complete reporting for payment and invoicing.
- Create project schedule and updating.
- Creating and updating project budgets.
- Manage all aspect of project including being on schedule and on or under budget.
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to understand basic revenue models, profit/loss, and cost-to-completion projections
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently or on a team at multiple locations in Washington, DC metro
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, find effective solutions and troubleshoot in a fast-paced environment
- Must have clean driving and criminal records and successfully pass a drug test
Experience and Qualifications:
- 0 to 3 years construction project management experience in a construction manager position with a BS Construction Management or BS Civil Engineering or other engineering discipline with field experience. (candidates with applicable experience of 10+ years in lieu of BS degree would be considered)
- Management of Projects between $5,000,000.00 and $30,000,000.00+.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Excel, Word, MS Project, and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/plans, submittals, and specifications and make recommended design/engineering changes to the design/engineering firm as it pertains to cost and substandard equipment/materials/engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Knowledge of OSHA 1926 regulations and construction safety.
- Ability to perform local/state/federal required permits and construction project documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects if required.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to resolve problem/conflict resolutions with subcontractors, vendors, and other agencies.
- Ability to read and interrupt constructionschedules.
- Understand and interpret survey staking and drawings.
Aries Building Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Aries Building Systems offers a casual work environment with a competitive salary, major medical, vacation and sick days.