The Construction Manager reports to the Vice President, Construction and is responsible for managing one or more projects associated with the Company?s objective of creating value through the development, ownership, and operation of remarkable assets.
Focus Areas of Responsibility
- Create and manage preconstruction and constructionbudgets for ground-up multi-family, retail, and mixed-use projects;
- Create and manage construction project schedules, and ensure projects reach established milestones for planned delivery;
- Create and issue RFPs to prospective general contractors and design professionals, and evaluate bid proposals from each;
- Negotiate agreements with general contractors, vendors, A&E consultants and specialty consultants;
- Must keep projects on schedule, under budget and achieve critical milestones; all will be critical to the success of this position;
- Must be able to review and evaluate constructioncontract documents for accuracy and completeness;
- Review and approve monthly applications for payment and invoices from general contractors and design team professionals;
- Present value engineering ideas to the development team to help control costs to meet budget goals and expectations for quality;
- Must have an understanding of project cost accounting and be able to provide variance reports;
- Attend and lead weekly owner, architect, contractor progress meetings and report progress to the real estate development team;
- Manage the punch list and project closeout processes;
- Must be a leader and be able to work in a team environment; and,
- Excellent oral and written skills are a must for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Candidate must possess a four (4) yeardegree in construction management, architecture or engineering.
- Candidate must possess no less than five (5) years managing multi-family construction projects, each with a cost greater than $20 million.
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and technical skills;
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan ahead and think ?outside the box.?
- Ability to maintain all information with the highest degree of confidentiality.