At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values:Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate.
You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
Essential Job Accountabilities
Granite Construction is currently looking for Construction Managers to assist with both new and ongoing projects in both the West and East Coasts. The roles will provide a great amount of high level exposure and future growth.
The ideal candidate will have strong sense of operational planning, coordinating, and project management in the field. The opportunities are specific to our Large Project's Group and requires hands on knowledge of the following:
- Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff to ensure individual development and that project standards are met and work is completed on time and under budget.
- Develop and maintain project schedule to ensure work is completed on time and under budget.
- Provide technical support in construction planning, quality control, interpretation of design, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, and constructability reviews to ensure successful job completion.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of roles.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to direct multiple crew performing independent operations concurrently, maintain high levels of efficiency without sacrificing safety and quality, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings
- Physically able to kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, and spend a majority of the day on their feet.
- Valid driver’s license. Candidate be issued a company truck for the duration of the project
- Candidates should have minimum of 8+ years experience in a High Level Engineering or Construction Management role with Heavy/Highway Civil Construction Projects. #LI-ML1